The Trust is entering the stripping and grading phase of development for the University District. We are working proactively to minimize the impact on our neighbours with a number of measures:
- Reduced hours of operation in the evening over and above the City’s noise bylaw. No work permitted before 7am or after 9pm
- Regular watering to prevent blowing dust.
- Limited hauling routes for trucks transporting soil to other locations, on and off-site. The Trust is also working with Alberta Health Services to minimize hauling activity on roadways during Foothills and Children’s Hospital staff shift changes.
- Regular street sweeping on periphery and internal main roads to clean up potential messes from hauling trucks.
- Erosion control measures such as silt fences and v-ditches to prevent soil from moving outside of the construction area
Read the Stripping & Grading Fact Sheet for more details.
QUESTIONS & CONCERNS
For quick response to questions or concerns 24 hours per day, please call the Trust Hotline at 1-855-400-5556.
You can also visit www.wcdt.ca/construction for regular updates.